By Chris Nietupski
Be sure to check out the following athletic events at the 42nd Annual Pride Festival!
Men’s Volleyball Tournament
- Pride Sports Field: Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Men’s 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament
- Full Court: Saturday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Studs vs Femmes Basketball Tournament
- Full Court: Sunday 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
USTA Tennis Lessons for Kids
- Half Basketball Court: Saturday, June 28, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Full Basketball Court: Sunday, June 29, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
Men’s Lacrosse Exhibition, Men’s & Women’s Rugby Exhibitions
- Pride Sports Field: Sunday afternoon
Don’t want to just watch sports? Here’s your chance to participate!
Twin Cities Pride Rainbow Run
Show your Pride by taking part in the Twin Cities Pride Rainbow Run on Sunday, June 29! Starting at Boom Island and ending near Loring Park, the route takes runners along Hennepin Avenue as spectators begin to gather for the annual Ashley Rukes GLBT Pride Parade. Presented by General Mills with support from St. Jude Medical and Anderson Race Management.
The course is on city streets. Participants must maintain a minimum 16:00 minute per mile pace. The route must be cleared by 10:30 a.m. for the Ashley Rukes GLBT Pride Parade. View the course map here.
Race Day registration opens at 8:30 a.m. at the Boom Island Park Pavilion.
- $30: Early Bird by May 31
- $35: June 1-26
- $40: Race Day
Go to www.tcpride.org for more information.