Photographers! Newlyweds! Spread the word:
Lavender debuted its first comprehensive Wedding Issue in Spring of 2012. We followed up with a second Wedding Issue that was on stands for Election Day in the Fall of 2012 when we voted against the amendment that would limit the freedom to marry in Minnesota. Now, we’re making it an annual tradition to do two Wedding Issues a year; a commitment that we will make to this community as something this community deserves, whether or not same-sex couples have the right to marry legally in Minnesota, yet. This community is proving that we’re going to do it, anyway, and it’s our job to do the show & tell.
We are currently in production for the Spring of 2013 Wedding Issue right now and time is of the essence. If you have a wedding that you have been a part of (and are now a newlywed) or that you’ve shot as a photographer, please consider submitting your Real Wedding for Lavender’s Wedding Issue.
We look forward to receiving your projects. Note the deadlines below: Photography, release form, and questionnaire must be submitted electronically by end of day on Tuesday, March 5, 2013.
For those interested in participating, please adhere to the following submission guidelines. Anything not conforming will not be considered, so please be mindful of the following:
- All events must have occurred in the last year. Anything since February of 2012 is acceptable.
- You may submit 5-12 photos from the SAME EVENT with the SAME GROOMS or BRIDES. They must be 8.5 x 11″, 300dpi, CMYK, and either uploaded via Dropbox or via a zip file that you send me the link to–electronic download is key, with such a fast turnaround. Send or specify firstname.lastname@example.org as the recipient. Send a follow-up email to email@example.com to inform that the project is online and to receive a release form for you to sign.
- If you have more than one event, you may submit multiple events and I will consider them as space allows.
- Make sure the pictures run the gamut for documenting the event; include the brides or grooms, the venue, the food, the decor and flowers, the invitations, the cake–anything that’ll help our readers picture themselves having a similar affair. We want them to see themselves in our pages. DO NOT include photos of minors (children) or photos of people from whom you do not have permission to share their photos with Lavender. If you send photos of the wedding party, you must have each person’s permission to use a photo of them in our publication.
- Lavender requires exclusivity with the photos for first time publication–if they have been published elsewhere (your website and Facebook are fine–I mean in any other publications), we will pass on them. We do not require exclusivity after publication, though. They’re your photos; make sure they’re seen by as many people as possible.
- IMPORTANT: Please rename all of your photos with the Name of the Brides or Grooms, Your Name, and a Number between 01 and 12, depending on how many you submit. Example: ChuckBob_YourName_01, ChuckBob_YourName_02, ChuckBob_YourName_03…
- Finally, please submit the following mini-questionnaire about the event. Feel free to pass it on to your brides or grooms for them to answer but keep in mind that time is of the essence. This questionnaire and the photos must be in to me by end of day on Tuesday, March 5.
- Bride/Bride or Groom/Groom Names (First and Last):
- Date of Wedding:
- Dating Since:
- Location of Ceremony:
- Location of Reception:
- Phone and Email (not to be published but in case Lavender needs to contact them):
- Any tidbits about the couple, the event, their story–we love stories.