We are currently in production for the 2016 Spring Wedding Issue and time is of the essence. It will be on stands Thursday, March 31. If you have a GLBTQ wedding that you have been a part of (and are now a newlywed) or that you’ve shot as a photographer, please consider submitting your Real Wedding for Lavender’s Wedding Issue.
This is the much-loved section of each wedding issue where we showcase your special days. Why? Because we need more of this imagery out there. We need people to see you and how you did it. We need to keep creating the media that keeps this community — and what makes it special within the larger culture — more central than any other media outlet. If you want to submit photography from your wedding (or you’re a photographer who has the permission to submit your clients’ photography), make sure the pictures run the gamut for documenting the event; include the brides or grooms, the venue, the food, the decor and flowers, the invitations, the cake — anything that’ll help our readers picture themselves having a similar affair. We want people to see themselves in our pages.
I look forward to receiving your projects. They make me so happy. Please keep in mind that there are some strict guidelines to follow below. Most importantly, materials must be submitted electronically by 11:00 a.m., Thursday, March 3, 2016.
- Priority will be given to the weddings that have happened since our last wedding issue (Fall/Winter) that came out October 15, 2015. If the wedding occurred within the six months prior to that, we will still consider it after other, more timely submissions.
- You may submit 5-12 photos from the SAME EVENT with the SAME GROOMS or BRIDES. They must be 8.5 x 11?, 300dpi, CMYK, and either uploaded via Dropbox or via a zip file that you send me the link to–electronic download is key, with such a fast turnaround. Send or specify email@example.com as the recipient. Send a follow-up email to firstname.lastname@example.org to inform that the project is online and to receive a release form for you to sign.
- If you have more than one event, you may submit multiple events and I will consider them as space allows.
- Make sure the pictures run the gamut for documenting the event; include the brides or grooms, the venue, the food, the decor and flowers, the invitations, the cake–anything that’ll help our readers picture themselves having a similar affair. We want them to see themselves in our pages. DO NOT include photos of minors (children) or photos of people from whom you do not have permission to share their photos with Lavender. If you send photos of the wedding party, you must have EACH person’s permission to use a photo of them in our publication.
- Lavender requires exclusivity with the photos for first time publication–if they have been published elsewhere (your website and Facebook are fine — I mean in any other publications), we will pass on them. We do not require exclusivity after publication, though. They’re your photos; make sure they’re seen by as many people as possible.
- IMPORTANT: Please rename all of your photos with the Name of the Brides or Grooms, Your Name, and a Number between 01 and 12, depending on how many you submit. Example: ChuckBob_YourName_01, ChuckBob_YourName_02, ChuckBob_YourName_03…
- Finally, please submit the following mini-questionnaire about the event. Feel free to pass it on to your brides or grooms for them to answer but keep in mind that time is of the essence. This questionnaire and the photos must be in to me by 11:00 a.m., Thursday, March 3, 2016.
- Bride/Bride or Groom/Groom Names (First and Last):
- Photographer, name of photography company for photo credit:
- Date of Wedding:
- Dating Since:
- Location of Ceremony:
- Location of Reception:
- Wedding Coordinator:
- Phone and Email (not to be published but in case Lavender needs to contact them):