Frebella Fest – Family-friendly event featuring live music, wellness activities, beer, and food trucks, all to benefit The Emily Program Foundation
WHAT: Frebella Fest will provide all ages with a safe, fun, and inclusive environment featuring live music, mental well-being experiences and activities, amazing food, as well as beer and other concessions, with all proceeds benefitting The Emily Program Foundation, a nonprofit working to eliminate eating disorders by empowering prevention, supporting recovery, and advocating for legislative change.
· 89.3 The Current’s Mark Wheat will host live music from local artists, HALEY, The Cactus Blossoms, White Iron Band, We Are the Willows and Little Fevers on the main stage. Tom Bright and the original members of Colfax on a second stage to keep the music going all day long.
· Food for all tastes will be provided by local food trucks, The Herbivorous Butcher, Bibuta Sushi Burrito & PokeBowl, My Burger, Tasty Twins, and Big Bell Ice Cream. There will also be beer and other tasty beverages available.
· Wellness Camp will feature fun and engaging experiences dedicated to wellness, creativity, and play for all ages, provided by SuNu Wellness, MPR’s Call to Mind, Dissonance, and The Emily Program Foundation. Activities include:
· Yoga for All: 30 Minute Yoga Flow for Every BODY
· Let’s Start Talking: A Conversation About the Importance of Opening Up and Talking About Mental Health
· Creativity & Mental Health: Panel Discussion Featuring Local Artists & Musicians
· Cookies & Quinoa: What Role Does Food Play in our Mental Well-being?
· Friendship bracelets, Doodle Zone, DIY dream-catchers & stress balls
WHY: 18 years ago, the people behind Frebella lost 2 dear friends, Anna Westin from an eating disorder and Jeff Peterson, a sudden accident. Every year since, they’ve gathered to celebrate, remember, and help each other heal. These Frebella gatherings have taught them that grief and, in turn, mental wellness is a lifelong journey that affects everyone. Over the years, the connection they’ve built has provided the support they need to move forward through life’s challenges and has given them the confidence to be happy with who they are. That’s powerful.
Now that they’re a little older and have some resources and kids of their own, they agreed it was time to do their best to bring this type of experience and power of connection to a greater community. The result is Frebella Fest.
WHEN: Saturday, Sept. 22. Doors at 10:30 AM with first main stage act at 11:00 AM. Doors close at 7:00 PM. Main stage set times are as follows:
· 11 AM Little Fevers
· 12:30 PM We Are The Willows
· 2 PM White Iron Band
· 3:30 PM The Cactus Blossoms
· 5 PM HALEY
Visit frebella.com for full schedule of activities and live music, including second stage set times.
WHERE: Lions Park, 1601 82nd Street, Victoria, MN. There is on-street parking near Lions Park or Frebella Fest shuttle busses at the nearby Victoria Recreation Center, 8475 Kochia Lane. Shuttles will be running continuously throughout the event between 10:30 AM and 7:30 PM.
TICKETS: Tickets are available at frebella.com. Kids 12 and under admitted for free!
· General admission tickets are $35 per person.
· VIP tickets, which includes VIP access with food, beverage, and event t-shirt are $100 per person.
Visit frebella.com and follow Frebella on Facebook and Instagram for all updates related to the event. To learn more about the important work of The Emily Program Foundation, visit emilyprogramfoundation.org.
VOLUNTEER: Volunteers get into the event for free, plus they receive a free event t-shirt and endless high-fives. Sign-up frebella.com.